Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Produce Stands

I absolutely love produce stands! They are one of my favorite places to stop at when I am driving around and I spot one. They have such wonderful fruit and vegetables. I have even enjoyed wonderful white flesh peaches in California, like I said I will stop at one no matter where I am, even while I am on vacation. :)

We stopped at the produce stand across the street from The Maddox when we went for my Mom's birthday. I bought some peaches to bottle later, I did take some pictures to show you the wonderful fruits and vegetables they sell.


Peaches, which I will be canning later


Large onions

Plumots, its a dark picture but this is a cross between a plum and an apricot.


Regular plums


Apples


Eggplants


Habanero peppers


Humongous beets


Tomatoes


Pears


Squash, I think these are Hubbard squash


Spaghetti squash


Watermelons with seeds


Watermelons without seeds


Garlic


If I remember right these are pearl onions, not 100% sure


Assorted sweet peppers


I find such joy just walking through the stand just to look and smell all the wonderful smells of the produce. I walked by the cantaloupe and you could smell the sweet smell of them and I wasn't standing close by. I just love the freshness, the colors, and to see so many different types of food you can grow.

No comments: