Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Free Entrance to National Parks

The Dude and I took a quick trip up to Yellowstone yesterday. From April 16 -April 24 you can get into the national parks for free! We had to take advantage of it. Not all of Yellowstone park is open, some loops are still closed till May, but that was okay since we went for just a quick visit.

The Bison were everywhere!!

The day was absolutely beautiful!!

Bison are such LARGE animals!

Yet they trod so lightly, when they walked on the pavement you could barely hear it.

The last time there was a buffalo traffic jam for me in Yellowstone was when my family went when I was like 6...8...any way, along time ago!

The Dude kept asking me to roll down my window to take pictures, it was a little unnerving to be that close to them!!

It was freezing by Old Faithful!! The ice cream shop wasn't open yet for the season, The Dude was disappointed.

See, freezing!! 
We also saw a bald eagle catching a fish from the river, two cow elk, and one moose eating in the river as we drove home through Island park.
It was a fantastic drive through this beautiful world we live in.

No comments: