Sunday, October 10, 2010

Canned Peach Pie Filling

I love peach pie! Better yet I love my Mom's peach pie filling. So when I canned peaches this year, that is all I canned was peach pie filling. :)

 I used these lovely peaches I bought up in Brigham City from a produce stand. I had to wait a couple weeks for them to ripen.


Pure goodness right out of the processor!


 Look at all the peach pie I can make! Yummy!

This pie filling also works for apples as well.


Apple/Peach Pie Filling

Peel and slice fruit to fill jars approximately 3/4 full.

4 1/2 cup sugar
1 cup cornstarch
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. salt

Combine all of the above ingredients with 10 cups of cold water. Cook until thick and bubbly. Then add 1/2 cup lemon juice. Pour mixture over fruit and seal. Process for 20 minutes.

You should give this canning recipe a try! It can get sticky and messy but well worth it!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Mmm...sounds yummy! I'll provide the vanilla ice cream ANYTIME you want to bring me over a fresh peach pie=)

kstalder said...

Can you mail me one of those pies???