Friday, February 25, 2011

Who Could Forget About Candy Walnut Salad!

I was looking through my photos and came across this salad I made for Christmas Eve dinner that I meant to do a post on, but I forgot until now. :)
I will forever be indebted to Camie Rogersons (the Rogersons shared our love for food, they should come to Lubbock so we can share more recipes ;)) for introducing me to this salad. I love it! It has bacon, apples, spinach and candy walnuts, drizzled with poppy seed dressing, it is FANTASTIC! I haven't ever tried a homemade poppy seed dressing but if you have one it would be perfect for this salad. It is on my list of the best salads I have ever eaten.

Candy Walnut Salad

Spinach Leaves (If I remember right I used 2 normal size bags)
2 apples, diced
5 strips cooked bacon, cut into pieces
1 1/2 cup walnuts
1/4 cup sugar for walnuts
Mozzarella cheese, shredded
Brianna's poppy seed dressing


Melt sugar in pan for walnuts; add walnuts when sugar is melted. Stir together put on wax paper to dry. Mix remaining ingredients together. 


Camie if any of this is wrong please let me know! :) 
For the rest of you, try this salad!

3 comments:

Shelly said...

I have an AWESOME homemade poppy seed dressing recipe that I got from Mike's sister. Let me know if you want it! Also, Mike loves a salad similar to this, but is basically, spinach, chicken, mandarin oranges, bacon, and slivered almonds with poppy dressing. Or I make one with strawberries that is great too! I guess poppy dressing, spinach and fruit make a great combination - Yum!!!

Hollie said...

I would love to have the recipe Shelly!! Poppy seed is a great dressing.

Cam said...

We do need to come down and see you guys! Glad you loveour yummy salad. It's time that I make it again...it's been a while. Hope you two are doing good!