Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Grandma's Fried Chicken

Doesn't this meal look delicious? This is one of Dave's favorite meals, and the main entrée is my Grandma's fried chicken. My Grandma's fried chicken is different then regular fried chicken. First she does fries it to give it that nice color of fried chicken, but then she steams it. By steaming, it keeps the chicken nice and moist, and the few seasonings you use just make it perfect!

Grandma's Fried Chicken

chicken breast (I used boneless and skinless)
paprika
seasoning salt (I used Lawry's)
salt 
pepper
beaten egg(s)
flour 
oil for frying

Take chicken breast and dip in beaten eggs, then dip in flour. Sprinkle with paprika, seasoning salt, salt and pepper. Brown the chicken in the oil. Pour water in the pan, just enough to come about half way up the chicken breasts, cover with lid and steam for at least an hour or more on low heat. (My Grandma usually has more pieces of chicken in the pan, since I just had 2 pieces I steamed mine for about 20 to 30 minutes on medium low heat. I was in a hurry cause I forgot it would take an hour to cook.) :)

Our lovely Valentine's Day dinner! We use our champagne glasses for coke, Dave's favorite drink. :)

4 comments:

Brandon and Krystyn said...

hollie I want you to come cook at my house! Aunt julie

Brandon and Krystyn said...

I would like to put in a request please: This meal for when we come to visit!! I haven't had it in way too long and it looks so delicious!!

Hollie said...

Deal to both!!! :)

Lisa said...

Looks like a delicious dinner.