Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day


For those of you who like Valentine's and to those of you who don't care for it I wish both of you a wonderful day!

I woke up early this morning to make my husband breakfast before he left for work. He is more the romantic then me, so this was progress for me. :) Now when I mean early I mean EARLY, Dave has to be to work by 4:30 AM! Here's what I made him

I had left over rye bread from the patty melts so I made cowboy toast and fried up some bacon. I was going to use my heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out the center but it was too big for this piece of bread. 
For those who love eggs and toast like me cowboy toast, egg in a hole, whatever you want to call it is perfect. 

Cowboy Toast

slices of bread
eggs
salt and pepper

Butter both sides of the bread, cut out the middle. Over medium heat place bread into a greased frying pan or griddle. Make sure it is greased or your egg will stick (I know from experience). Crack egg over the hole in the bread. Let egg cook and the bread toast, make sure not to burn it. Then flip the bread with egg in to the other side, cook to your liking. You can toast up those little cut out pieces too. Those are the best part.

I am also making one of his favorite dinners tonight, I will post what it is tomorrow.

Now on to the mushy part!
My husband doesn't read this all the time, but I wanted to take the time and say how much I love him, and how much I appreciate all he does for me. He is my best friend, and I love having him all to myself here in Texas on our little adventure. Love you Dave! 


"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Dr. Seuss


2 comments:

Shelly said...

Happy Valentine's Day you two...love ya!!

Brandon and Krystyn said...

happy valentines to you two. What a woman to get up that early and make breakfast! You are a great cook. Hope all is going well for you guys. Luv ya Aunt Julie