Wednesday, February 9, 2011

German Pancakes

Now this recipe is an oldie but a goodie! I love German pancakes! It reminds me of  being a kid and on Saturdays or Sundays my Dad or Mom would make them for breakfast, which was a treat from having cereal during the rest of the week. 

Now this recipe is super easy as well, it calls for 5 ingredients.

German Pancakes
6 Tbsp. butter
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
6 eggs
1/4 tsp salt (usually just a dash)

Melt butter in a 9x13 pan in the oven at 400 degrees.
Mix remaining ingredients together and pour into pan with melted butter. Cook for 20-30 minutes. (I would check after 15 the edges raise fast so they brown easy.)

This is what it looks like in the pan. Usually the middle puffs up too but this is just half the recipe since its just me and Dave. Of course after I gave Dave his two pieces he asked where the rest of the pan of pancakes were. :) They are delicious, light, fluffy and just the right thing for a quick breakfast. 

1 comment:

Brandon and Krystyn said...

German pancakes are so yummy!! That is definitely one of my favorites!!