Thursday, February 24, 2011

Some New Things and A Couch Hog

So when we moved we didn't have room to bring our washer and dryer with us. So we have gotten to visit the lovely laundry mats of Lubbock, Hooray! NOT!! We were waiting to sell the washer and dryer before we purchased a set down here. A big THANKS to my husband's brother for selling them for us! And we found a set that was similar to ours a week later. 

They work so much better then any of the washer and dryers at the laundry mat! I feel so much more at home now.

The duplex we moved into has some quirks about it, the door that goes from the kitchen to the garage is not a normal size door. And as you walk through the front door there is a wall 2 feet in, so you have to turned to the right to get into our living room. You are probably wondering why I am telling you all that info. Well with these odd features, we weren't able to get the 2 couches we had in, we probably could have gotten the love seat in but we decided to sell them as a set. They sold within a couple weeks of moving in here. We went straight to the furniture store to buy a couch. We found one we liked, paid for it and was told it would be 2 weeks before we could pick it up.
So we have been sitting on these lovely things for a month! Don't get me wrong I love camping chairs, just not as normal furniture. They get so uncomfortable!
But we were so glad when our couch finally was at the warehouse to pick up. And it was kind of a bear to get through the door. We almost took out the light fixture that is in the little space between the door and the wall. We got it through though without any dings!
Here it is:

I love chaise chairs in couches! That is what sold me on this couch, we both like to put our feet up while we sit. It's a pretty comfy couch, we are enjoying it so much more then those camping chairs! :) 
If you look closely you will notice that the little furball has staked his claim. Who does he think he is?? 

Acting like this is his pillow,

and ignoring me when I tell him he is going to ruin the cushions if he keeps nestling into them like that!

Cosmo and his cocky little attitude better not scratch up my new couch. :)
 I expect this couch to last a while.
On another note, the little furball is still cute with his funny personality. I am so glad we have him here in Texas so that I have a buddy while Dave is gone at work. 

4 comments:

Brandon and Krystyn said...

LOVE the couch!! I bet it feels more like home now with something big and comfy:) Can't wait to see you!

Cam said...

Glad you are finally getting comfortable! I love Cosmo...he is stinkin cute...except when he pees on me :)

Shelly said...

Nice!!! Hope it feels more like home now=)

Aubree Anderson said...

All your new purchases are exciting! Not having a washer and dryer stinks that's for sure. I love the new couch. Chaise's are my FAVORITE. Looks great!