Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Eggs, Eggs and more Eggs!

The chickens are laying eggs! This started the day I went to Cheyenne. We didn't think they would lay until September so this was a surprise!
 
 
 
Since I was away my wonderful Father [who's birthday is tomorrow, he's turning 60 :).], took the liberty of making some nesting boxes for the chickens.
 
 
Dad hard at work.
 
 
Fits pretty well in the coop. There are six nesting boxes.


Investigating the nesting area. [Bright photo, sorry.]


The two eggs on the left are the first eggs, this is compared to a regular egg from the store on the right.
 
 
 
That egg that was in the middle is 3 inches long!
 
 
 
They are getting the hang of the nesting boxes I think.
 
 
 
Some still like the dirt.
 
I have already been using the eggs, I even used one today for the Carrot Spice Muffins I made for Dad for breakfast tomorrow. It was a double yoker! 

2 comments:

leigh said...

How fun! And I can't believe your dad is 60. Really?

Talia Draper said...

I love the pictures of the eggs! That is so cool!