Thursday, January 5, 2012

Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup

The Hubby has been sick for a few days now, he has come down with a cold. Which he so kindly shared with me, I think he took the phrase, "What's mine is yours, and what's yours is mine" a little too literally. I have felt terrible today. I was looking forward to having this nice comfort soup for dinner. 

 I do like broth soups, depending on the soup. Chicken noodle soup isn't my favorite type of broth soup, I really like this chicken noodle soup because it is creamy. Dave really wanted me to make homemade noodles for it, but I have yet to make homemade noodles. It is on the list of things I need to try to make. I used curly pasta noodles, whenever my family has had this at family functions I remember it having curly pasta noodles. I think they are great in this soup. 

This soup is quick and simple. It makes it a perfect meal for the cold nights some of us are having. Cold nights and rather warm days, strange weather. 
And I must say this soup goes great with the homemade wheat bread I make. 

Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup

1 chicken bullion cube 
2 cans chicken broth 
carrots, cut up 
celery, cut up 
2 cans cream of chicken soup 
1 can milk 
2 cup noodle, cooked 
3 pieces of cooked chicken 

Cook carrots and celery in broth with the bullion cube until tender. Add cream of chicken soup and evaporated milk. Add noodles and chicken, simmer until desired thickness.

No comments: