Saturday, January 7, 2012

Homemade Cocktail Sauce

For New Year's Eve we had shrimp as one of the finger foods on the buffet table. My Mom has had shrimp and lil' smokies for New Year's Eve for as long as I can remember, Dave loves shrimp and lil' smokies so it was an easy tradition to keep going. 

I am getting to the point where I hate buying sauces that I could easily make at home. Cocktail sauce is kind of pricey so I decided I need to find a good recipe and just make it. Plus the ones in the jars are never as good as homemade, right?

This recipe is excellent!! 
Though I still think the Hubby added more horseradish then it called for, he claims he added the correct amount. So if he did, I would say for those of you who don't like really spicy cocktail sauce to add a little at a time until you get the zing you are looking for. 

Cocktail Sauce

2/3 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon horseradish
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper (to taste)


Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Chill and serve.


Recipe From: Keller Creative 

No comments: