I was a little hesitant as to how this dish would turn out, I haven't always been the hugest fan of crushed crackers coating chicken.
All I can say is that I will definitely be making this again!
This dish was delicious!!
The Hubby is a big fan of chicken Kiev, he thought this dish was similar to that.
Don't leave out the sauce, I know it has a can of cream of chicken soup in it, but it really goes great with the chicken pieces.
I did have a problem getting the cheese to stick to the pieces of chicken after dipping them in milk. I just tried to smash them onto the chicken pieces so they somewhat would stay on them.
This recipe could be filed under the quick, easy and tasty recipe section. It will come in handy when you don't have too much time to on your hands.
Crispy Cheddar Chicken
4 large chicken breasts
2 sleeves Ritz crackers
1/4 t salt
1/8 t pepper
1/2 C milk
3 C cheddar cheese, grated
1 t dried parsley
1 14 ounce can cream of chicken soup
2 T sour cream
2 T butter
1. Cut each chicken breast into 3 large chunks.
2. In a small food processor grind up the ritz crackers.
3. Pour the milk, cheese and cracker crumbs into 3 separate small pans. Toss the 1/4 t salt and 1/8 t pepper into the cracker crumbs and stir the mixture around to combine.
4. Dip each piece of chicken into the milk then the cheese and finally the cracker crumbs.
5. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray and lay the chicken inside the pan.
6. Sprinkle the dried parsley over the chicken.
7. Cover the pan with tin foil and bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes. Remove the tin foil, bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the edges of the chicken are golden brown and crispy.
8. Into a medium sized sauce pan combine the cream of chicken soup, sour cream and butter with a whisk. Stir it over medium high heat until the sauce is nice and hot. Serve over the chicken.
Recipe From: Jamie Cooks it Up