Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Hubby Finally Brought Home the Bacon.......Sorta

He did bring home his nicely packaged wild hog he killed a couple weeks ago.
Sadly there was no bacon in the boxes, apparently wild hogs don't make good bacon. 

We got 19 packages of regular sausage and 19 packages of hot sausage.
I will have to start planning on having breakfast for dinner so I can use up some of this.

We also got 7 pork chops, which I think are going to be thick pieces of meat.
In that box is also one large 4 pound shoulder roast. I think nice pork shredded tacos will be in order for that piece of meat.

This is the box I really really like, 19 packages that contain 5 bratwurst each!
I am in heaven, now I think I need to learn how to make my own homemade sauerkraut. 

I'll let you know if this wild hog is good or not, I am hoping it isn't too gamey. Keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments: