Sunday, February 12, 2012

Nutella Peanut Butter Cookies

Peanut butter? Nutella? Combined?
Go perfectly together!!
I don't make a lot of peanut butter cookies, I must admit it's not at the top of our cookie list. 
Adding Nutella put a whole new twist on the how I view peanut butter cookies.
I don't really use a lot of Nutella, I opened a jar the other day to make Nutella chocolate chip cookies (which would have been good if I hadn't try to soften the butter in the microwave). I decided I needed to use Nutella a little more often after trying the cookies that didn't look good at all, but actually were pretty good! 
When I saw these recipe on Pinterest the other day, I knew I need to try it!
These will go great with a nice glass of milk. 


Nutella Peanut Butter Cookies

1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg 
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 
3/4 teaspoon baking soda 
1/4 teaspoon salt 
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour 
Approx. 1/4 cup Nutella 

Preheat oven to 350° F. 
Cream together butter, peanut butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla. Gradually add the flour, baking soda and salt. Drizzle Nutella on top of the dough then swirl it through the dough with a butter knife.
Refrigerate the dough for 15 minutes. Roll the dough into tablespoon sized balls and use a fork to gently flatten the balls and create a criss-cross pattern. P
Bake for 7-10 minutes.

Recipe From: Lovin' From the Oven

1 comment: