Thursday, May 31, 2012

Cinnaburst Bread

Back home in Utah there is a bakery called Great Harvest. They make some wonderful bread! I wanted to get a job there just so I could learn how to make my favorite breads from there. Still tempted to if I ever live by one again....

This cinnaburst bread is one of my favorite loaves of bread, right behind the blueberry raspberry bread. I am making myself hungry just thinking about these breads. 
Did I mention I could live off bread? 
Seriously I could do it. 

I found this copycat recipe for cinnaburst bread on the one and only Pinterest
I had to wait forever to make it, Lubbock does not have cinnamon chips!! I looked all over the place and they were no where to be found!
I had to have my Mom buy some at a Utah local grocery store called Macey's, she brought them with her when she came down around Christmas. Even then I waited a few months before I made the bread. 
The recipe says to only add 1 cup of the cinnamon chips, I highly suggest only adding the 1 cup. I added the whole bag cause it is a smaller bag that maybe has a cup and a half of the chips. That 1/2 cup was an overload of the chips in  the bread. I liked the chips but I didn't like the bread loaded with them. 

I think this bread is best when warm from the oven, or I suggest warming it up before you eat it.
 Yum!

Great Harvest Cinnaburst Copycat Bread

1 cup warm water
1 cup warm milk 
1/3 cup sugar
2 1/4 teaspoon yeast (1 pack)
1/3 cup oil (I used veggie oil)
1/2 T salt
1 egg
4 1/2 to 5 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup cinnamon chips

In mixer combine yeast, sugar, and warm water and milk; let bubble for about 5 minutes. 
Add in oil and egg. 
Slowly add 2 cups flour, mix and then add salt. 
Add 1/2 cup flour at a time until it comes away from side of bowl. Add the cinnamon chips when it gets close to the right consistency. The dough will be very sticky but the softer the dough the lighter the bread. So use the least amount of flour you can handle. 
Let rise in mixing bowl for about 30 minutes. 
Form into loaf (or whatever shape you want).
Let rise and additional 30 minutes. 
Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes. 
Makes 2 loaves

Recipe from: Rae Gun Ramblings

1 comment:

Myndie said...

I finally found cinnamon chips at Walmart this morning in their "Holiday baking" section. I bought two, but plan on stocking up!

Thanks for the recipe.