Monday, July 25, 2016

Greenery Everywhere

I have had a lot of plant miners, fungus, other bugs and plant diseases to try to control. Plus a lot of produce starting out and dying off (any tips on that would be helpful!), but other than that, I would say things are going swell.

I think cabbage is pretty. These will be turned into cabbage salad and sauerkraut.

In this jungle of leaves we have cucumbers (pickling and regular), crookneck squash, acorn squash, spaghetti squash and zucchini. I have yet to get any acorn squash, and I have only two spaghetti squashes growing.

Beets!! I did not plant beets for me, I think they taste like dirt. I have a coworker who wanted some pickled beets and a husband who likes to eat borsch, which requires beets. Also on the right are peppers, hot and bell.

These mass of greenery is the tomato patch. You can see one ripe one on the bottom right! I also have two basil plants hidden in here that I need to make into pesto. The tomatoes will be canned whole or made into salsa, lots and lots of salsa.

I am trying to grow more herbs in our yard. This is a sage plant, which is doing quite well!

Oregano, which hasn't grown much from what you see in the picture.

Dead cilantro...but my coworker happily gave me another start so we will see if it makes it!

I have oodles of chives! These grow really nicely here.

In there I have two starts of flat leaf parsley, which has yet to become bushy enough for me to use it and rosemary. I think rosemary is one of my all time favorite herbs.

No comments: