Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Greek Salad

For Father's Day I made a Greek salad. It was a recipe I added to my big black cookbook years ago but I had yet to try. 
For the record, I have lots of recipes just waiting in the shadows yet to be tried. I might have a little bit of problem, is there a group meeting anywhere for those of us that are addicted to collecting recipes and cookbooks? I might need to attend...
Ahem..
Back to the salad, it was amazing!! I was a little hesitant because I wasn't too fond of the dressing on just the lettuce leaves, but after adding the other ingredients to the salad, it was perfect! By far one the best salads I have ever made at home. So good in fact that I made it again a couple days later for just the Dude and I.

We even used the beautiful, yummy lettuce from our garden! 

Here is the recipe:

Greek Salad
Ingredients:
For the dressing:
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 tbsp. minced fresh dill
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil 

For the salad:
Romaine lettuce
Sliced red onions
Sliced kalamata olives 
Grape tomatoes, halved
Cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
Crumbled feta cheese

Directions: 
To make the dressing, in a small bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients. Whisk together until well combined.

To make the salad, add romaine lettuce (I just used the leafy green lettuce from our garden) to a salad bowl. Drizzle with the dressing and toss well to coat. Top as desired with red onions, kalamata olives, tomatoes, cucumber, and feta cheese. Store leftover dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator, and shake well before using again.

Recipe from: Annie Eats

No comments: