Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A Weekend With the Parentals at The National Cowboy Symposium

My parents were able to fly down and come spend this last weekend with me. Dave was only here when they flew in on Wednesday, Thursday after work he hopped on a flight to Los Angeles to go see the Utah Utes game with his good friend Brett.

We went to Rudy's BBQ for dinner Wednesday. We all got something different, but I would say that rib my Dad is eating is to die for!

I believe my Dad thoroughly enjoyed them!

The Hubby and I

My parents in front of the Lubbock Temple.

Thursday I had to work, so my parents hung out at my house. Have I mentioned my Dad and I like cowboy movies??? My poor Mom had to sit through and entire evening of one cowboy movie after another. But I'm not sorry about it, sorry Mom! :)

We went to the National Ranching Heritage Center on Friday. If you ever get the chance to go there, do so! It's pretty neat and it's free!

We celebrated my Mom's birthday later that evening. Her birthday is today. Happy Birthday Mom!!! I hope you have a wonderful day! I love you and am so glad you are my Mother!

I hope you like your new shirts!

Saturday we celebrated my Dad's birthday since I wasn't there to back in August. We went to the National Cowboy Symposium and Celebration. 
That was quite a fun experience. There was people reciting cowboy poetry, singing all types of cowboy songs, vendors, and lets not forget the man that had the harmonica station. 

He also got to show off his talent, my Dad really liked him since my Dad has taught himself how to play the harmonica. He got to ask him some pointers on how to improve on the harmonica.

There was trick ropers,

Horse trainers,

Chuck wagons,

And of course chuck wagon viddles! We got to sample the cooking from 3 different chuck wagons, this one was from Cocklber Camp. The chicken fried steak was pretty good, everything on this plate was actually. Except for that cobbler, it had a bubblegum taste to it that didn't agree with my taste buds.

This was from Hawk's Nest. The fried steak was good, but where was the gravy?? And those beans, they were a little bland as were the potatoes.

This plate was from Shadow's Peak, my opinion is that this plate was the best. The fried steak had good flavor, the potatoes were good as were the beans. And the cobbler did not taste like bubblegum! It was quite tasty!

Aren't these little ponies so cute?!

We ended the evening with a performance from the Sons Of the San Joaquin.
Overall a very good day.

Sunday we went to church, play games and enjoyed some homemade blue cheese burgers.

My parents left yesterday morning...

I tried to get them to stay another week with me, but they have lives to get back to in Utah. Just makes me look forward to the next time they visit that much more!

No comments: