Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sesame Noodles

I loved these noodles! They were quick and easy and just what I wanted to eat the other night. I left them just plain, but you could add anything you wanted to these simple noodles. I found this recipe off the Pioneer Woman and she suggests loading them up with either red bell peppers, fresh cilantro, or cooked, chopped shrimp. We had these noodles with some delicious wontons we fried up, which I will post about another day.
For those in search of a quick simple meal, look no further! Sesame noodles are just what you need to try.

Sesame Noodles 

12 ounces, fluid Thin Noodles, Cooked And Drained
¼ cups Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons Sugar
4 cloves Garlic, Minced
2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
3 Tablespoons Pure Sesame Oil
½ teaspoons Hot Chili Oil 
4 Tablespoons Canola Oil
2 Tablespoons Hot Water
4 whole Green Onions, Sliced Thin


Whisk all ingredients (except noodles and green onions) together in a bowl. Taste and adjust ingredients as needed.
Pour sauce over warm noodles and toss to coat.
Sprinkle with green onions and toss.

I didn't have any hot chili oil and it was 6 dollars at the grocery store so I left it out this time, but I think it definitely needs it to give it a little kick!

No comments: