Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mini Meatloaves

Now I know I said previously that I am not the biggest fan of meatloaf except for certain recipes. This is one of those recipes! (And I promise we do more then eat, I just really like to cook and since that is what I have mainly been doing that is what all my post consist of.) 
This recipe comes from Dave's family, and I must say the ketchup sauce on these individual meatloaves is fantastic! I am not a big fan of ketchup sauces, with the brown sugar and mustard, and the few other ingredients they make it more then just ketchup. 
Try these! You'll love them!

Meatloaf:

1 lb. ground beef
1/4 cup salsa
1 Tbsp. chopped onion
1 egg
bread crumbs 
salt and pepper
onion salt

Mix together the above the ingredients. The bread crumbs you want to add just enough to suck the moisture out of the mixture. Be careful though, you don't want to dry it out. Add the salt, pepper and onion salt to your liking. Form into patties. Top with sauce.

Sauce: 

1 c. ketchup
1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp. - 1/4 c. brown sugar (I used 1/4 cup)
squirt of mustard
sprinkle of curry powder

Dissolve sauce ingredients in a saucepan. Top meatloaf with sauce.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

No comments: