Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Classic Sugar Cookies

Hooray I am finally posting a recipe!
I feel like I haven't posted a recipe in months! I sincerely apologize once again,
life seems to be getting the best of me and I run out of time to blog. I didn't realize my holidays would be so busy. Plus, my parents are in town so I am trying to spend as much time with them as possible. 

Any way on to these wonderful sugar cookies. I love these sugar cookies, and I don't really care for sugar cookies. They are so GOOD!! They aren't too thick, well at least I don't make them too thick. You know those BIG sugar cookies with pink frosting?? These aren't like those, and I think that is why I like them best!! They are nice and light I think. They aren't overly dry like some sugar cookies can be either.  
You must try this sugar cookie recipe, you will love it!!

Sugar Cookies 

3/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
   1 tsp. salt 

 
Cream butter and sugar till fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add flour and other ingredients. Chill 1 hour (Jody doesn't). Roll out 1/2 “ thick. Cut out shapes. Bake at 400 for 6-8 minutes. Makes 4 dozen.

Recipe From: My Good Friend Jody Noakes

No comments: