Friday, November 26, 2010

Hope You All Had A Great Thanksgiving!

How was you're Thanksgiving? I hope all was wonderful! Thanksgiving was a good one for me. I went to two Thanksgiving dinners, my family's and Dave's, though I only got pictures of mine :(. I got side tracked helping with dinner at Dave's I forgot to take pictures.

My Dad carving the turkey, he has done this every year as long as I can remember. I always eat the skin off the turkey. :)

My Aunt Julie checking the potatoes

My niece Shaylee

Part of the people at Thanksgiving

Shaylee and my Dad being silly

More of the family at the Thanksgiving feast (my picture taking is not good)

Some more the family

My cousin Krystyn and her son Chase came up for Thanksgiving, since they wouldn't be here at Christmas time my nephew had drawn Chase's name for present exchange and let him open them yesterday.

He got this cute little tool set and some learning books. He was so excited about them! Look at his big grin!

My Grandma

Chase relaxing with his toys :)


Me and my Grandma


Krystyn and I, I love that she comes home for holidays. I do need to plan a trip to Arizona soon though to visit her!



And of course me and Dave.


I really wish I had pictures from Dave's family dinner! Sorry guys, I will be better next time. 


I have so much to be grateful for: Dave, he is so good to me. My wonderful parents, they have taught me so much and have so much love for me. My 3 brothers and their families, they are great brothers and fun to tease. My extended family, Dave's wonderful family, a warm home, clothes,food, a job, though I wish I could stay home and cook :), my health, of course Cosmo and the chickens, the talents I have and the talents I am trying to master, and the Gospel.


I hope we can always have the spirit of Thanksgiving with us all year round. I know that is something I need to work on. Enjoy the future holidays! I love this time of year!


P.S. I made 2 pies this year, one lemon meringue and one cherry. I also made some stuffing, not just any stuffing my Great Grandma Noble's kind. It's the best!


The pies!



The stuffing, its probably my favorite food at Thanksgiving.



Stuffing 

4 loaves big bread

1 stalk celery

2 chopped onions

2 Tbsp. salt

6 tsp. sage

1 cup shortening 1 cup butter, melted (or 2 cups butter)

1 can of milk to 2

 

In a large bowl break bread apart into pieces, let it air dry with a dish towel covering it for a day or two. Cut up celery and onion into fine pieces. Sprinkle seasonings over the bread, mix into bread. Pour melted butter over bread and mix in well. Pour canned milk, just enough to hold it together. You don’t want it mushy. Stuffed in turkey, or in tin foil in roasting pan with turkey, or cook in crock pot for about 3 to 4 hours.

Great Grandma Margaret Noble



4 comments:

kstalder said...

Oh, I've got problems 'cause I don't even recognize some of those people!!! I hope they are forgiving of me when we come to visit...are you going to be at Grandma's on Thursday night? I WILL BE!!! Our favorite part of Thanksgiving is the stuffing too...

Hollie said...

Yes I am planning on coming to see you at Grandma's Thursday night! :)

Rat Fam said...

Man I missed being there this year. I have to say that the stuffing is usually the only thing on my plate :) I am so NOT a turkey fan. Brett's parents cooked me ham. I am thankful for our family!

Brandon and Krystyn said...

your picture taking skills are amazing!! And I also can't remember any one else carving the turkey at Grandma's. He's done for as long as I can remember too:)