Friday, May 13, 2011

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies

Hooray blogger is working again!! I was getting very frustrated that it was taking forever to fix whatever problem needed fixing, cause I have been dying to post this terrific recipe for oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
Have I mentioned before how much I love cookies? How I would take a cookie over any dessert any day? Well....almost any day. :) I would definitely take a cookie over any candy bar or any type of candy for that matter. 
I haven't had an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie in a LONG time! These cookies were even better then the oatmeal cookies I ever remember! I love that they have nutmeg in them, you can taste just a hint of it in each cookie.
Plus they are healthy right?? I mean they've got oatmeal in them so that is a good start right? 

This recipe makes about 70 cookies so I halved it, so that way I wouldn't be ashamed when I told you that Dave and I down 70 cookies by ourselves....though we could.


Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


1 C butter, softened
1 C shortening
1 1/2 C brown sugar
1 1/2 C white sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. water
3 C flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
4 C oatmeal (quick cooking or regular)
4 C chocolate chips (milk chocolate or semi sweet)


Cream together the butter, shortening, brown sugar, and white sugar. Cream the mixture well. About 4 minutes. 
Add your vanilla and water and mix just until combined. 
In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients (all but the chocolate chips) together with a wooden spoon.
Add the dry mixture to the creamed mixture and stir to incorporate. Add your chocolate chips, give them a stir to incorporate.
Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on a sprayed cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. (For convection ovens bake at 325 for 6 1/2 minutes). Don't over bake! When your cookies have cracks down the middle, take them out and let them finish cooking on the pan for about 3-5 minutes.


Recipe taken from: Jamie Cooks It Up!



No comments: