Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Blackberry Cobbler

I can't believe I haven't posted about this cobbler yet.
It is becoming my favorite cobbler, and it is super simple. It does take an hour to cook, but the ingredients take 5 minutes to throw together.
I am a huge fan of dutch oven cobbler, if it is done right that is. But I'm going to be honest, I would pick this cobbler over dutch oven cobbler any day!
It is the right consistency of cakey for me and has a nice golden crusted top. I don't like cobblers to be all cake and not have that nice golden crusted sugary top to them. For me this cobbler is my idea of a perfect cobbler.
I put blackberries and raspberries in the cobbler this time, I think it was better then just adding blackberries. You could use peaches, cherries, any type of fruit really that you would like to try in a cobbler would probably work in this one.
It is best served with a nice helping of ice cream or whipped cream, both ways are delicious!

Blackberry Cobbler

1 stick Butter
1-1/4 cup Sugar
1 cup Self-Rising Flour
1 cup Milk
2 cups Blackberries (frozen Or Fresh) 
Preparation Instructions

Melt butter in a microwavable dish. Pour 1 cup of sugar and flour into a mixing bowl, whisking in milk. Mix well. Then, pour in melted butter and whisk it all well together. Butter a baking dish.

Now rinse and pat dry the blackberries. Pour the batter into the buttered baking dish. Sprinkle blackberries over the top of the batter; distributing evenly. Sprinkle ¼ cup sugar over the top.

Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour, or until golden and bubbly. If you desire, sprinkle an additional teaspoon of sugar over the cobbler 10 minutes before it’s done.

No comments: