Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Good Old Classic Muddy Buddies

Some of you probably know this as "Puppy Chow", it is Rice Chex cereal covered in my two favorite things when it comes to treats. That's right peanut butter and chocolate!! Love it! 
There is also a coating of powdered sugar on them as well. For some reason my coating doesn't of powder sugar doesn't come out nice and evenly coated. I am okay with that though cause they still taste amazing.
This is one of those treats that I make myself sick from eating too much of them. I can't help it! Once I start it is hard to not keep coming back to the bowl. I am acquiring a little bit of a sweet tooth as I am getting older in age. I haven't decided if it is a good thing or not.....
This is a wonderful snack to have around the holidays. It is quick and can easily be stored in the fridge for those times when you need to make something ahead of time.
I will warn you again though, you will need great self control when you are by this bowl. They are just to tasty to say no to.


Muddy Buddies 

1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
 1/2 cup peanut butter 
 1/2 cup butter or margarine 
 1 tsp. vanilla
 9 cups Chex cereal 
 1 ½ cups powdered sugar 

In 1 quart microwavable bowl, mix chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter. Microwave uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. In a large bowl, place cereal, pour chocolate mixture over cereal stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2 gallon food-storage plastic bag. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag, shake until well coated. Spread on wax paper to cool. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.

Recipe From: Rice Chex Cereal Box

No comments: