Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Creamy Tuna Noodle Casserole

Now I know a lot of people aren't fans of tuna casserole, lets use my husband as an example. It's just not his favorite thing. I happen to LIKE tuna casserole. I crave it every once in awhile. For those of you who also crave and like tuna casserole I think this is worth trying!
I used fresh mushrooms instead of canned mushrooms, I am not a big fan of canned mushrooms. If you don't like mushrooms just leave them out. I love cracker crumb toppings too! This recipe also calls for the new Philadelphia Cooking Creme. I would definitely try more recipes with this cooking creme.

Creamy Tuna Noodle Casserole

1 tub (10 oz.) Philadelphia Original Cooking Creme
2 cups egg noodles, cooked
2 cans (5 oz. each) chunk light tuna in water, drained, flaked
1 cup frozen peas
1 can (4 oz.) sliced mushrooms, undrained
8 Ritz Crackers, crushed (about 1/3 cup)
1 Tbsp. butter, melted

Heat oven to 350. 
Combine first 5 ingredients in 1 1/2-gt. casserole; cover. Bake 20 minutes. Meanwhile, mix cracker crumbs and butter. Stir casserole; top with crumbs. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes or until topping is golden brown. 


No comments: