Thursday, April 28, 2011

Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream Pie

You must try this pie!! It is wonderful!
My husband loves cookies and cream ice cream, so this pie was right up his alley.
I loved the hot fudge and Cool Whip on top, and lets not forget that amazing Oreo cookie crust! I saw this recipe on Jamie Cooks It Up! at the beginning of this month. When I went home both my sister-in-laws had made it and they highly suggested I make it when I returned home.
I decided it would be a lovely dessert for Easter Sunday to cool us off in this hot Texas weather. It hit the spot right on!
It is a very simple dessert to make. I even made it easier by getting a pre-made Oreo cookie crust. Though next time I would make my own, I am the type of person that if I can make it I would rather do that then pay for one that is made already. I only bought one this time, because I forgot the recipe said to make the Oreo crust. 
I don't think this pie is going to last long in our freezer with Dave's love of cookies and cream. :)

Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream Pie 

45 Oreo Cookies (about three sleeves)
4 T melted butter
1 half gallon Cookies and Cream Ice Cream, softened
1 C hot fudge
1/2 an 8 oz container Cool Whip
Mini Chocolate Chips (optional) 


***Note: You'll want to let your ice cream hang out on the counter for about 15 minutes before making the pie. 
Thank you very much. End of note***

 1. Put 30 of your Oreo Cookies in a small food processor. Grind them up into fine crumbs and pour them into a small mixing bowl.
2. Pour the melted butter into the crumbs and stir to combine. 
3. Press the crumbs into a Deep 9 inch pie plate. Use the bottom of a measuring cup to press the crumbs evenly into the pie plate.
4. Put the remaining Oreo Cookies into the food processor. Grind them just for a few seconds. You just want them to be coarsely chopped here, not smashed to smithereens. Unless you like crumbs in your ice cream. If so, be my guest. Smash the heck out of them.
5. Scoop your softened ice cream into a large mixing bowl. Add your chopped (or smashed to smithereens) Oreos to the ice cream and fold them in. (I though the ice cream had enough so I didn't add any extra.)
6. Spread the ice cream out evenly over your tasty crust.
7. Carefully spoon the hot fudge onto the ice cream and spread it around. Yum. 
8. Spread the cool whip on over the top of the fudge.
9. Wrap that bad boy up with some plastic wrap and get it into the freezer. Let it remain there for at least 4 hours.
10. Take the pie out of the freezer about 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle the top with mini chocolate chips, if you so desire. (I used mini Oreo Cookies on the top instead of chocolate chips.) Then....slice it up....serve it up...put your feet up....and enjoy! You deserve it!


If any of you can explain to me how to fix the spacing on this I would greatly appreciate it! I don't know why some is singled space and some is doubled it. It annoys me greatly!

3 comments:

Mr. Capoeira Sydney said...

What a neat post! Looking forward for more post from you. Thank you for sharing!

Allison @ Alli 'n Son said...

Delicious and easy? You can't get much better than that.

I'd like to invite you to share this recipe on my weekly link-up, Sweet Tooth Friday. I hope to see you there. http://alli-n-son.com/2011/04/28/mint-infused-plum-tarte-tatin/

Hollie said...

Thank you for the invites!! I added my recipe to your sites.