Sunday, July 31, 2011

Rogerson's Potato Salad

Now there are MANY different ways to make potato salad. Some have more mayo, other more mustard, some have pickles, some don't. The list could go on and on. 
One thing I don't approve of is store bought potato salad, there is just something about it that makes me gag. 
Now I use to be a fan of just my Grandma's potato salad, it is delicious! Then I married Dave and had his Grandma's potato salad, it is yummy! 
Throughout our marriage as we hung out with the Rogerson's she had prepared Nino's Mom's potato salad. 
Are you lost yet? Good.
I thoroughly enjoy the first 2 potato salads, I have yet to make my Grandma's though. And when I tried to make Dave's Grandma's on my own....well lets just say there was more to be desired. 
I figured I could handle the Rogerson's potato salad, it seemed simple and almost fool proof.
As if you haven't noticed by I now I succeeded in making it!
Dave may tell you it had too much mustard, I will beg to differ. How would he know if there is TOO much mustard, when he doesn't eat mustard (unless in potato salad and deviled eggs)?
Oh and yes this potato salad has pickles in it! Which I am a fan of. 
For those of you who aren't too sure of potato salad, I would start with this recipe. Just add small amounts of the fixings until you reach the taste and consistency you want.


Rogerson's Potato Salad


10 red potatoes (I used Russets cause that is what I had on hand)
6 hard boiled eggs
pickles
1 1/2 - 2 cups mayo
1 tsp. mustard
onion salt 
pepper


Boil the potatoes for around 20-25 minutes or until they are tender when poked with a fork. Then move them directly to an ice bath to remove the skins (leave them in the ice for a few minutes and the skin just comes right off). Cut into bite sized pieces. Add all the ingredients together (the mayo, salt and pepper you just kind of have to do by taste).

No comments: