Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Lemon Pepper Chicken and Gravy

Don't be fooled by the name of this dish, it is delicious! I found it on allrecipes.com, I was looking for a dish I could use up the few green peppers I grew in the garden. I was a little skeptical, it calls for chicken gravy and that just seemed a little odd to me. When I was describing what was for dinner to my husband, he wasn't sure what to think himself. 
After eating it though we both agreed it was great! It had some great spice to it from the peppers and lemon pepper seasoning. I used all green bell peppers since that is what I had instead of using a red bell pepper.
I suggest cooking this in a bigger fry pan, skillet or a wok. I cooked mine in a wok. 
Serve over a nice helping of rice. Try it, I think you will be surprised at how good it is.

Lemon Pepper Chicken and Gravy

  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast meat - cut into bite-size pieces
  • 1 green bell pepper, sliced
  • 1 red bell pepper, sliced
  • 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
  • 4 packets dry chicken gravy mix, prepared according to package instructions
  • salt and pepper to taste


In a large skillet or wok heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken and saute for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cooked through (juices run clear and chicken meat is no longer pink inside).Add green bell pepper, red bell pepper, lemon pepper seasoning, prepared gravy, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir all together; reduce heat to medium low and let all simmer about 10 minutes, or until bell peppers are tender and gravy has thickened.

No comments: