Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Homemade Ice Cream (No Ice Cream Machine Needed)

Now I know this isn't peach pie, sorry Shelly! I made one but my crust was not cooperating with me and it didn't turn out right. I will be making another one so I can take a picture of how wonderful it is and post it.

Anyway on to the ice cream! Now, I will say this ice cream doesn't turn out quite like the ice cream in an ice cream maker, but it is oh so good! 
It is so simple as well, all you need is some heavy whipping cream and a can of sweetened condensed milk. Mix those with your favorite ice cream ingredients and voila, you have delicious ice cream!


I added a teaspoon of vanilla and mini Reese's pieces cups. 
Yum!


Homemade Ice Cream


14 ounce can sweeten condensed milk
2 cups heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla
40 Reese's Mini Peanut Butter Cups, quartered (or mix in of your choice)


 In a large bowl, whisk or stir together the sweetened condensed milk and the peanut butter cups.
In the bowl of an electric mixer with a whisk attachment, whip the heavy cream and vanilla on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk mixture, until thoroughly combined. Transfer to an airtight container and store in the freezer. (Will take about 6 hours or so until mixture is completely frozen.)
Recipe From: Kevin and Amanda