Wednesday, August 17, 2011

So Excited For Fire Roasted Hatch Green Chilies

My local grocery store sells Hatch green chilies. They come from New Mexico and are the BEST chilies in my opinion. Now they great thing about my local grocery store selling them is that 2 weekends this month if you bought a full or a half case of chilies they would fire roast them for you! 

These wonderful MILD chilies where what I got. Yes, I said mild. I like to enjoy my food instead of having my mouth be on fire the entire time I eat it.
Though my husband would have loved it if I had gotten hot chilies.

This is my half case of chilies getting started in the roaster.

Nearing the end of the roasting process.

This is one of my lovely roasted chilies!

I got 22 bags with about 4-5 chilies in each bag to put in the freezer. Then when I am ready I can pull a bag out, let it thaw out. Peel the charred skin off and chop them up.
What will I be using these wonderful chilies for you ask? Oh I have plans! Big plans! I will be using them in white chicken chili, burritos, tacos, enchiladas, hamburger, cheese fries and many other delicious recipes that could use a little heat! 

No comments: