Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Scotch-A-Roos

What is a scotch-a-roo you ask? They are peanut butter rice krispies with butterscotch chips melted on top. 
They are wonderful!!
Now I didn't have any butterscotch chips, the hubby isn't a fan so I made them with semi-sweet chocolate chips. They are just as delicious this way as well. Now in my perfect world, they would be half chocolate half butterscotch. I think that is the best way to have them in my opinion. 
This treat is perfect if you are in need of making a quick dessert. They would be a great after school snack with a tall glass of milk also.
Enjoy!


Scotch-A-Roos


1 cup sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup light corn syrup
6 cup Rice Krispies
1 (12oz.) bag butterscotch chips or chocolate chips or both


Bring to a boil; sugar and corn syrup. Remove from heat. Mix in peanut butter well. Add Rice Krispies. Mix. Press into a buttered 9x13 pan. Melt chips and spread over the top of the mixture. Let cool before cutting into bars.

2 comments:

Erin said...

These are my favorite! This recipe is popular in my family and we make them all the time. Whenever we introduce them to someone who hasn't had them they fall in love! They are so easy too :) We always mix half butterscotch and half chocolate chip for the topping... never thought to try it the other way.

House Of Aqua said...

These are sooooo good. My mom makes them, but I haven't yet attempted to make them myself. Yum!