Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Garlic Lemon Chicken Kabobs

I love to grill! The hubby gets after me because we both like to grill and I will try  to beat him to it. Since he is the man he thinks it is his job, but I love to do it! I was all excited when summer hit so we could use the grill more. Sadly since it has been so hot outside it has been hard to justify cooking inside the house and even outside on the grill. 
I couldn't pass up these recipe for garlic lemon chicken kabobs though! They sounded so yummy and I was ready for something more then just a cold sandwich. The recipe called for just the zest of a lemon but I added the juice of half of the lemon to the marinade. Wonderful idea! I love lemon flavoring and chicken together.
I love summer recipes that are quick, easy and delicious!

Garlic Lemon Chicken Kabobs

3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Zest of 1 lemon
juice from 1/2 of lemon that was zested
3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1 tbsp. minced fresh parsley
1 tsp. kosher salt
½ tsp. ground black pepper
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into ¾-inch pieces


In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon zest, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.  Add the chicken pieces to the bowl and mix to coat with the marinade.  Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 8 hours.
Prepare a medium fire in a grill.  If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 20 minutes before use.
Thread the chicken pieces onto skewers and discard the excess marinade.  Lightly oil the grill grates.  Place the kabobs on the grill, cover, and cook until the chicken is opaque throughout, about 8-12 minutes, turning once or twice during cooking.  Transfer to a warmed platter and serve immediately.   



Recipe adapted from: Annie Eats                                        

No comments: