Monday, June 13, 2011

Fountain Green Dinner Rolls

What is Fountain Green you ask? 
I have mentioned it before on this blog. For those that don't remember, it is a small town you can drive through on your way to Manti, Utah if you drive through Nephi canyon. If you blink you would miss it. For that reason alone I love it! I have driven to Fountain Green many times for Lamb Day, which I posted about last July.
In the Lamb Day post you will noticed I talked about the Noakes family. I got this recipe from Jody Noakes, who is an amazing lady and one of my favorite people! I don't know if this is the actual name of these rolls, on my recipe card it says dinner rolls, Fountain Green. Fountain Green Dinner Rolls sounded like a nice name, I know, I'm pretty creative. 
These rolls are delicious! I loved them! I haven't had them in so long I had forgotten how great these rolls are. I don't know if it is because they have powder milk in them, but something about them makes them extra tasty. 
I have been eating the left overs just plain since I made them Sunday. In fact I might go have another one right now. 
Another bonus! These rolls didn't take all day to make, they only took an hour and a half. Perfect to add to those Sunday dinners of roast, potatoes, carrots, and salad. Which is what I had for dinner Sunday, it was marvelous

Fountain Green Dinner Rolls
*Makes about 24 "large" rolls

2 1/2 cup very warm water
1/2 cup oil
1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
6 cups flour, to start
1/2 cup powdered milk
1 Tbsp. salt
1 1/2 Tbsp. instant yeast

Put ingredients in mixer bowl in order given. Add enough additional flour to make a soft, slightly sticky dough. Beat in mixer for 5 minutes. Let raise in bowl until double in size (20-30 minutes). "Punch" dough down by briefly turning on mixer. Let rest 15-20 minutes. 
Spray cookie sheet with Pam, and dust with flour. Pour dough out onto cookie sheet (I forgot this part, and just left it in the bowl). Pinch off pieces of dough to form rolls, placing them on the same cookie sheet you are working off of. Let rise until double in size (20-30 minutes). 
Bake 350 F degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with butter right out of the oven.

No comments: